Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Meanwhile, at Chandigarh..

With the very delayed and very deserving conviction of Manu Sharma(Ref:Indian Express-19/12/06) coming seven years after what should have been an open-and-shut case, I guess the citizens who championed the Jessica Lall cause have reason to rejoice...meanwhile, in Chandigarh, I wonder what's on the mind of all of us who patronized that den in the heart of sector-17, knowing well who its murderous owner was...I bet most of the wannabe hip social yuppie crowd is already asking-

"What's gonna happen to Blue-Ice now yaar??"

I admit, I have been to that joint once or twice(much to my consternation) but I regret ever being there, and my memories of the good times I had there are tainted with guilt.


Music- Darude - Rush

1 comment:

V. said...

I was about to write a long reply but then i thought i'll rather post it in my blog.. Atleast the poor thing will have some life!
And the books were a cool find! I found myself a copy of khushwant singh, train to pakistan in an old bookshop in lyon..
although that wasnt available at a throw-away price!
:-(