Sunday, March 11, 2007

Dhoom machade

I had been salivating for months on end now, on the prospect of inheriting the stewardship of the Enfield when I went home. Deciding having one good bike was better than having two bad bikes, I had invested in the long-overdue overhaul of the old warhorse, the outcome of which remains to be seen.

Being the sort of person who likes to do things all the way, I went out and blew $260 on riding apparel.

I had wanted to buy a pair of good-quality winter-proof riding gloves for a long time. Finding them in India is a bit of a wild-goose chase, so I bought these.
Although This may sound weird and make me look like a sissy, I felt that i was a good idea to get a proper, windproof, waterproof and armoured winter riding jacket. By armour, I do not mean a Bulletproof vest, or a knight's iron chestplate, but regular, flexible padding armour. Nice to know that my elbows and shoulders stand a better chance of survival lest the Bullet decides to go skyward.

No comments: