Monday, April 23, 2007

Watching the seconds tick away

My bus arrives in about half an hour. I have nothing to do in between, so I crank up the old Toshiba, and blog.

My wallet is still inside the car, which is now about 15 kilometers away. Drat. How am I supposed to pay the $1 fare for the bus ride?

Ah, here's some loose change. Problem solved.

I do not want to go to work today. I need my scheduled day off tomorrow, today.

I pack and re-pack my computer and its various peripherals into the old black backpack, to see if the space provided will suffice for the flight back home, or a newer, larger laptop bag is in order. I think the old one will do, If i pack judiciously, and get a smaller camera bag. I do not need to carry the large one with the battery charger, spare batteries, CF cards and such. I don't really have the money to spend on such items, when there are other priorities, such as the mandatory shopping for family and friends. Those who have specifically asked for certain things, have made it very easy for me. It is those who have not that are a cause for concern. I do not want to return empty-handed, but I just cannot think of what to bring for them. Thinking of the perfect gift is hard work!

I look at my bicycle. who will take care of it now that i'm leaving? not that it matters though. it's just a bike. The one that really took me places was stolen, and this is just a replacement. It's a sad thought, when you consider my tendency to become emotionally attached to machines.

Why am I so melancholy? Ah, I know! I have not tasted the insides of a bottle of beer for over 10 days now. Trying to save money never felt this...dry.

No comments: