Wednesday, December 06, 2006

...And ends so abruptly...

Well now, this is fun.

Exactly two days after receiving my brand-new credit card, i managed to lose my entire wallet in one clean sweep. Besides losing a very supple nubuck Guess tri-fold wallet, i lost about 40 dollars in cash, my debit card, the darned credit card, my driver's licence, and my SBI VISA card, worth about 500 dollars. (!)

Of course, i realized something was amiss only the morning after, when i frisked around in my bag to pay my bus fare; and found myself clutching at thin air where my wallet should have been. After a complete search of the apartment, and a trip to Wal-Mart, where i had used my shiny new plastic friend the night before, it was clear that my wallet could be well on its way to the land of Oz by now.

Lucky for me, I somehow had the good sense to have kept all necessary information in one place for exactly this sort of thing, so i fished my little green telephone book out, and began an hour-long process of cancelling all my lost cards and ordering replacements, while i requested a duplicate driver's ID online. I had missed a good two hours of my workday, so it did not matter a whole lot when I missed the bus to Sarasota, and had to pedal down about 13 miles in another hour to get to work. As if my day could have gotten any worse...

I also happen to be so rich i have two extra wallets lying about, which includes my very supple and smooth grained black Hidesign wallet, that has absorbed the sweat of two Delhi summers, always from the vicinity of my arse...no wonder it smells good.

Anyway, Sumeet and Torea, Boo-Yaa!!!

No comments: