Thursday, December 07, 2006

How to defeat a food craving

For some inexplicable reason, I had the strongest urge to eat some fried chicken today. After unsuccessfully trying to obtain some at work for lunch, i resolved to get what i wanted for dinner.
I pulled up next to the 24-hour Wal-mart later this evening, and confidently strode up the aisles to the in-house Deli; where i encountered a rather large person.

Estimated to be about 2 feet wide, and wearing enough textile to make a small tent, was this woman on an electric wheelchair, ordering exactly the same thing i wanted. Suddenly, i began to feel very well-fed. I lost all desire for fried chicken, fried potato wedges or fried anything. The same golden, crispy and juicy chicken seemed like it was a sponge soaked with cholesterol. I quietly went home to my mixed vegetables and yellow dal.

No comments: