Sunday, December 10, 2006

Suck me hard, Baby...

Our Apartment's carpet was starting to look really bad, being sprinkled liberally in all areas with assorted debris from our daily lives-rice grains, bits of bacon, tiny scraps of paper, the flaky paint that comes off when you touch the ceiling, and the usual hair and dust. Mom had been trying to get the place clean with our only broom, but to no avail. It was time to take drastic steps.

Only a vacuum cleaner could do what was necessary. the problem was not buying one, but how to get something as large as that over to our place without a car. our chance came as soon as the sodhis called and announced their imminent arrival.

Now, Most regular domestic Vacs here are those funny upright types, that can do nothing but clean a carpet. I wanted something as powerful and as versatile as the ones we used at ITC-Maurya Sheraton. What I needed was a wet-and-dry type vacuum, and the ones i checked at the likes of Sears(purveyor of almost everything) were in the $300 category, loaded with fancy features and high -tech gobbelledygook. Out of my price range.

Fortunately, these types are also easily available in a low-tech guise for the workshop and the garage, and I tracked down a little 22.5 litre 2.5 Hp model, for about $40. It makes a hell of a lot of noise, but man, this thing could suck out the piling on the rug if I kept it on a spot too long...it needs no bags, and can suck up spills as well. Just what I wanted in a vacuum cleaner.

Music- Rammstein and t.A.t.U - Moskau , Rammstien- Rosenrot

1 comment:

V. said...

Sorry, I was absent for such a long time!!
But I'll write a mail to you and explain it all..
Anyways, How is the job going?
and yeah, cheers to Sumeet and Torea!
Soon...!