Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Palm Beach, here I come!

This weekend will be spent in the company of my aunt, who owns a villa on a little isle off the West Palm beach coast. We'll be driving down in a rented car, as this will be a good practice run before I hopefully get my hands on the new Mazda...which reminds me, yeah, we're almost at the point of no longer being sans l'auto. Of course, the cost of the privilege of driving a car for me will be astronomical, in particular the insurance, that will cost me approximately one quarter of my income, or to put it in another perspective, fifty-something dollars more than the monthly payment of the car.

I know how much this is going to pinch, and I can see harder times ahead, but this is something that just has to be done. There is no alternative that can cost less. I will have to take the plunge and allow the hemorrhage of my earnings, and there's not a thing to be done about it. Like I said, the system forces you into choices you can somehow sustain, but cannot get beyond.

Music- Fryderyk Chopin- Waltz in A major, No.1 Op. 34

No comments: