Tuesday, January 02, 2007

As the river flows to the sea...

It has been over three months since I have left the land I was born of, to arrive in a place that I cannot yet call my own. So much has happened to me and to others around me, I have never made an effort to take a step back and look at the grand totality of this adventure.

A famous scientist was right when he said that time was relative to the observer's point of view. that time, that now seems so distant and so long ago; when every day was one day less I had in my own country, seems to have been a mere interlude, a moment so brief that it could pass in the flap of a butterfly's wing, when matched to the slow grind of the wheels that I have experienced here.

Of late, as the horizon clears and the prize I sought is just in sight, time has begun to quicken its pace, buoying my sinking spirit and filling the sails that empower my soul throughout this journey. Soon enough, my time here will draw to a close, but like any adventure, this has already given rise to questions and thoughts that remain unanswered in my mind. Time will tell me where the answers lie.

Music- Baroque Favourites- Track 9

No comments: