Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Mad Hatter

As it is with most new cars, the Accord developed a few niggling quirks over the last two days, such as a propensity to pull to the right side, and an annoying buzz emanating from the door panels. Nobody likes to hear buzzes and rattles in a new car, so I drove down to the Honda dealership and requested a checkup.

Now, car service in the U.S is quite difficult to get used to for a guy who likes to caress and talk his vehicle through the ordeal. they take your keys, put you in a room and drive your car to parts unknown for the procedures. Because of this, I had a few hours to kill, so I asked the salesperson who sold me the car to get me a temporary means of transport. He obliged by handing me the keys to a large Honda Odyssey van.

I decided to go down to a large Multiplex-cum-Sears-cum-Macy's-cum-JCPenney-cum-numerous other stores-shopping mall, since they usually have free Wireless around there. There, I proceeded to waste my money on several things such as food court cuisine, and a personalised hat, the image of which you see here...

I think the message on the chapeau speaks for itself. It is our way of saying 'how are you, brother?' and also serves as an efficient ice-breaker in many social conditions.

this kind of stuff can be done at the ridiculous price of $20 and up at a chain of stores called 'Lids', that specialize in caps, beanies, hats(but dont expect them to stock a fedora or a top hat) and the ability to create a custom hat with your own logo. A lot of guys wear hats with the 941 area code embroidered onto them, so I thought 0172 might be a good thing to have on a hat. As I debated and played with Illustrator over a 'gourmet' food court meal, I came up with this. It really stood out among the other things I came up with, mostly centering around the Punjab/Chandigarh/Sardar psyche, such as-'Sardar Inside', 'Surdey' , 0172, and so on. I thought this was probably the best of all.

No comments: