Friday, December 29, 2006

When you're happy and you know it...

...clap your hands!
or so goes the slogan. but right now, I'm not quite overflowing with good cheer, since I have had to work a Sunday last week(a venture that cost me the same amount of money in taxi fares as I make in one day) and this week, I am working on a Saturday... well, that really does not explain my simmering discontent...after all, irregular work hours are the hallmark of the Hospitality Industry. I guess I need a little break. This may come through in the form of an open invitation to my bhuajee's vacation home in Palm Beach, where we may go to over the next weekend. Both of us are professionally quite satisfied with the progress of our jobs, but it's the absolute crashing boredom of doing nothing else except working, sleeping and eating that's beginning to get the best of us. There's only so much monotony one can stand before you blow a gasket.

In other news, I perchance happened to have an early day yesterday, so I jaunted into a Honda showroom to look at the new Honda FIT, a cute hatchback with a lot of bang for the buck. couldn't get a test drive though, since they were all sold out(these babies are going out the door as soon as the car-trailers pull in) but I'll get to drive one quite soon. I also went to the local Mazda dealer to drool over the Mazda3, and had a salesperson give me a complete financial breakup of a model that I don't particularly desire(Mazda3 i-Touring 2.0 4-speed automatic, Side Airbags and ABS option installed) instead of the model I really want(Mazda3 S-touring 2.3 5-speed automatic, ABS and 6 airbags standard), Because the former model makes more economic sense. we'll see how things work out soon enough....

No comments: